Monday 3 April 2017

Construction of "Happinest" has begun! As it has been a wet spring, the first thing that Jamie did was to build a huge structure to go over the trailer. That way, tarps could be put over top so that work didn't have to stop every time it rained. The next step was to start on insulating the floor and putting on the plywood decking. So next time I go over to check on progress, I will at least be able to walk around on the floor of my new home. It will start to feel more real then and once the framing for the walls goes up, I think I will get a much better sense of the space and whether the interior design needs any additional tweaking! After months of checking the ads for used french doors, I was finally able to find one for $100. The money saved from having to buy new will cover at least half of my cost of the now-needed composting toilet.

I finally told my landlords that I would be moving in a couple of months. Although they are sorry that Nova and I will be leaving, they were both super sweet and supportive of this project!




No comments:

Post a Comment