Sunday 16 April 2017

Birds and more birds :)

When I decided to put up bird feeders at my current apartment, it took 3-4 months before the birds started coming regularly. So when I found my new spot, I decided to put feeders out there right away so that the birds would be coming by the time I moved in. Well, it didn't take more than a day or two for the birds to find these feeders. In fact, I may well need a second job just to buy bird seed! In the last couple of days, I have seen an assortment of sparrows, robins, juncos and chickadees along with two downy woodpeckers, a nuthatch, two varieties of hummingbirds, a pair of towhees, a northern flicker and a bushtit (yes, just one - I'm hoping it will return with lots of friends next time). And two pileated woodpeckers have visited twice as well. It will be so lovely to sit on my deck and watch "my birds" everyday!







No comments:

Post a Comment