Wednesday 11 November 2020

Rallying the troops!

Despite ongoing efforts and some support, there has not been significant progress in legalizing tiny houses in Canada. Locally, we have worked with planners and Councils in Victoria and Central Saanich. Tiny houses are included in Victoria’s strategic plan and Central Saanich’s official community plan. But there are still many steps to take to make them legal.

Patricia and I had a Zoom meeting with Squamish councillor John French and THAC prĂ©sident Pam Robertson. It felt very positive and I felt more optimistic than I have for a while. “Team Tiny BC” is ready to grow and pursue legalization at a provincial - as well as municipal - level.

Last night, I posted my advocacy story to THAVI’s Facebook page. Now is the time to ramp up our efforts and make our voices heard! Unfortunately, the file is too large to add to this post but can be seen on the FB page “Tiny House Advocates of Vancouver Island”.



No comments:

Post a Comment