Sunday 12 March 2017

Exciting week!


It has been an exciting week!

My trailer arrived a few days ago. It will get delivered to my builder this week so that the build can begin. He expects to have it finished by the end of May. It has already been redesigned several times so hopefully I have it just right now.

Even more exciting than that is the fact that I have managed to find a spot to park the house once it's done. It is at the back of a 4-acre farm. It doesn't look like much - just neglected fields and an old shed - but I can do whatever I want in terms of fencing off an area, adding grass or plants, etc. Who knows, maybe I'll even have a garden (everyone else in my family does so why not me). I haven't had much luck with indoor plants - maybe I'll have better luck outside. I could even have chickens or goats or horses - I probably won't but it is nice to know I could. There are two trails within a 5-minute walk (one is even right across the street) and I am a 5-10 minute drive from two of my favourite beaches.

There is a second spot that will also be available and I am meeting another woman who will have her tiny house done this summer who might be interested. There is plenty of room for two tiny's and the main farmhouse without anyone feeling crowded in any way.

Now I just need to tell my landlords I'm moving. I've been procrastinating because they have been so good to me but now that I definitely have a place to park, I will need to let them know.

No comments:

Post a Comment