Thursday 29 December 2016

Dreaming Tiny

My big dream is all about small things - tiny houses, simple pleasures (nature, birds, fairy gardens) and a little piece of the world to claim as my own!

It is exceedingly unlikely that I will ever be able to own land as I have chosen to live in Victoria - one of the most expensive real estate markets in Canada. But I am pursuing my dream of having a tiny house built and I am optimistic that I will be able to find a little corner of someone else's land to rent so that I can create my own little haven of coziness and serenity! And I am hoping that by the time my house is finished (May 2017), that it will even be legal to do just that!

I do regularly question my sanity for spending my life savings (plus an extra 15-20 thousand dollars!) on pursuing this tiny dream of mine, especially as I don't know where I'll be able to park and live in it when it's done ... but the idea of it just wouldn't let me go! I've wanted this since I first heard about tiny houses nearly ten years ago and I think any desire that lasts that long is meant to be pursued!

So, as the name of the blog says, I am officially in pursuit. And Happinest was not a misprint ~ that is the name of the house of my dreams! I am in pursuit of Happinest ~ a happy little nest for my dog (Nova - pictured below) and I that is filled with the things that are important to me and that is nestled in my little piece of the world!



I'm writing this blog primarily for myself (it is going to be a big part of my life story, after all). However, if I get any followers, I hope that pursuing my dream will help you reach out for your own - big or tiny! And, if you are reading this, welcome and thanks for dropping by! Feel free to follow my story as I move closer to making the dream real. There are already plenty of blogs, websites and videos with lots of technical advice on building tiny homes. If that is what you are looking for, I'd suggest looking elsewhere as I am not an expert on anything. My words will be much more about the emotional part of this journey ~ the highs and lows and doubts and delights of going after a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment