Wednesday 21 June 2017

Emotional Week

Three days before we were to get the nearly-finished house to the Hollow, I received a very upsetting email from my soon-to-be landlord. A neighbour had heard that two tiny houses were moving in and made it clear that we would be reported as soon as the houses arrived. I had found my perfect spot and now would not be able to live there. Needless to say, it caused a very emotional and stressful few days! Fortunately, my current landlords are awesome and let me rent my apartment for another month. And we arranged to get the house moved to Nanaimo. It was a big expense (over $1000) but it made the most sense. That way, Jamie can work on it up there until it is finished and I can concentrate on seeing if there is any legal way to move to the Hollow and, if not, start working on finding a new location and advocating for acceptance of tiny houses. Things have to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment