Monday 8 May 2017

Tiny T

On several visits to the Hollow, I saw a little grey bushtit. I had never seen one alone before as they generally hang out in groups of 10-20 that stay close together. I think I've figured out why this little one is alone. He/she only has one leg so may either not have been able to keep up or has been ostracized from his/her gang.


This sweet and photogenic little thing only has one leg! However, he/she is still able to hang upside down on the suet feeder so is managing in spite of his/her disability. I will make sure that feeder is never empty!


I wanted to give this little one a name as I hope that he/she stays nearby and visits regularly. Mum suggested Tiny Tim. However, as we don't know if it is male or female, I went with Tiny T instead. Sierra calls him/her TiTi. I'm not sure which name will stick yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment